Do you know that just by taking out 15 minutes from your schedule, you can actually help you get a sense of how to move forward with regards to improving your English?
Are you very serious to improve your English now?
Aren’t you getting a high-paying job just because you don’t know English well?
If yes, has been the answer to all the queries above, then you are at the right place.
Now, take out atleast 15 minutes to read the following post about how you can actually start to speak and write in English and pass banking exam successfully
Yes, by the time, you will read the post, your basics will be clear to a great extent, provided that you show seriousness.
English is important in any field. So, if you are the masters in it, then potentially you can reach the zenith earlier, as compared to others. Therefore, it is important to polish skills.
In the following article, I am sharing my experiences of how I mastered over this language in a full fledged way along with giving easy and practical steps which will help English Learners massively.
My passion for enhancing English skills grew from my childhood days as I was in early years of my schooling. Till I was in class 6th, my English was not even upto the mark then. I used to get punishment from teachers as well as parents for failing to get requisite marks in any subject and English was not an exception.
Although, I was able to understand to what others used to speak, yet I couldn’t communicate with them in English and I believe that most of us face such predicament. Isn’t it?
You might not believe that it was the reality that I used to bring all the English dailies in the morning such as “Times of India”, “Hindustan Times”, “Pioneer” for polishing my English. Of all the newspapers, what I found in “Pioneer” was that, it offers comparably easy use of words. Therefore, initially, I would recommend this newspaper for those who want to learn skills of English. Because, when I say easy use of words, I mean as compared to other English dailies.
However, soon I got counseling from one of my uncles who equally happened to be a HOD in a University. He is a really nice man. I must say. He gave me enough reasons to polish my English, since all other subjects are primarily based on English as well and later on even a high paying professional life is based on good grasp of English language. So, if I will improve my English, I can equally be able to have a better control over other subjects too which can equally help me get the job of my dream. That was the day which proved to be a change for me.
He suggested me to purchase the following book namely Edutree – Let us Learn English
I am telling from my own personal experience that the difference which I found with the book has been awesome and due to polishing my English further, I got confidence and enrolled myself for a mass communication course in Lucknow University after passing with high grades in 10+2 and soon started working for a newspaper namely Hindustan Times. You can also check out my published article down below (with my name)
The best professionally viable difference was that I continue to get my articles published. You can check my other post published in Hindustan Times below
Years before, the book was doing its work. Yes, you guessed it right that it started to help me know the most impeccable English right from basics. Yes, it was something which I couldn’t even think of otherwise. I started getting my concept clear with perfection. Yes, there wasn’t even an iota of doubt or confusion now. It has been years, still I know what I had learnt way back then and all of those awesome concepts and basic understanding is still fresh in my mind.
For example, I came to know many of the following things:-
How enthusiasm and happiness can be used. Lets find out.
I am enthusiasm or I am happiness (wrong)
I am an enthusiastic person (used as adjective) (or if we want to use the word “Enthusiasm” then we can say
I am full of enthusiasm (used as noun)
I am happy (used as noun)
I am full of happiness (used as adjective)
I can’t go in detail about whole grammar in the post though. But you can surely help yourself by purchasing the book Edutree Let us Learn English Grammar
The book was an eye opener for me and along with the same, I equally thanked my Uncle and persuaded him to continue to give guidance side-by-side and he obliged. My passion started growing when I started seeing the pleasant change.
When I used to read the English Grammar book, I made it a point of writing the words which I did not know the meaning of. That gave me enough reasons to strengthen my vocabulary as well. How can I miss watching English news channels? As I said that it became my passion, so I used to get enjoyment by watching news channels and I equally used to closely monitor the way certain words were pronounced. Since, that’s equally matter as well.
I made it a point to listen news by keeping “pen” and “piece of paper” handy, in order to jot down the difficult words. Although, considering flawless and speedy way the anchors speak English, I couldn’t get a grasp of certain words, yet that was only short lived, since I started getting familiar with the words.
How Edutree Let us Learn English Grammar continue to skyrocket my career . Let’s find out more :-
My uncle was equally upbeat since I used to make use of new words. He also advised me to stand in front of mirror in order to communicate with yourself by looking at your eyes. This was equally another pleasant change which I experienced. This exercise is a must, if you want to enhance your confidence. As you speak in such a fashion, it gives you enough boost towards working on your aim.
Months passed by and soon even my classmates started getting the feel of how passionate I am towards English. If they come across with any word in any subject, they used to ask me and thankfully I have the answer to most of them.
The kind of passion which I had for English can be gauged from the fact that I used to score the highest marks in English. Interestingly, when the teacher used to speak out marks of the subject, all the heads used to roll towards me in bewilderment.
The benefits which English had in my schooling days:-
- Earlier, it became extremely difficult for me to mug up long answers, since my English was not even up to the mark. It was so poor that I couldn’t even comprehend as to what was written. Therefore, in the event when I forgot certain words, my whole answer becomes meanigless.
- However, later on I started learning the whole essence and I was in a position to write answers in my own words, thus impressing my teacher as well.
For those who want to sharpen their English, there are list of things which one should follow (I am telling from my own experience)
- Get English newspaper namely “Pioneer” and the paper can long last through a week. Since, you can’t read more than once side of a paper daily. Write down the meaning of the difficult words which you come across by goggling or referring dictionary what ever eases you.
- Purchase the English Grammar book namely Edutree Let us Learn English Grammar
- Make a habit of taking out time from 8:45 till 9:15 at night and listen to AIR (National Radio). You know why I am saying is that they air Hindi news in the first half and exactly English version of the same in the second half. It will help you too, like the way it helped me.
- Communicate yourself in front of mirror
- Listen to English news channels and have pen and paper ready to write down the English words.
To the best of my knowledge, that sums up my entire experience towards sharpening my skills.
Try to learn one new word on daily basis and most importantly introspect like the way it is used in the sentence.
The irony is, most of us only emphasize on the need to learn a new word, but I am telling from my own experience that it is equally important to refer dictionary and closely look at the way the specific word is used in the sentence.
After all, English is all about learning the intricacies. One of the most common mistakes which people commit while making the use of “older” and “elder”
Both the term means that you are younger to the other person. However, both of them are used in different ways. For example,
- He is older to me (correct)
- My brother is older to me (Wrong)
Now, I am explaining to you.
We use “elder” with those people who have blood relations with us. While for others we use “older”
I am going to give you another example in order to help you understand in a better way.
- I am elder to my cousin brother. (correct)
- My friend’s father is older to him. (correct)
Hope, you have got the difference between the two.
Another most common mistake which people mistake pertaining to 12o’ clock
If it’s day time, then we will be saying, It’s 12 noon and if its 12 at night, then it’s 12 midnight.
One simply cannot say 12 am or pm.
I will reach there by 12 noon. (correct)
I will return home by 12 midnight. (correct)
One of the other mistakes which we make at the time of examinations
We usually say,
I have given the examination (wrong)
We should say
I have taken the exam (right)
Even though, it’s literal meaning is totally opposite to what we want to say. Isn’t it?
We also unknowingly make the following mistakes and we don’t realise, so it is important to know them in detail as well:-
The food is good (The word “good” shouldn’t be used with FOOD)
The food is tasty, sumptuous, mouthwatering or delicious (You can use any one amongst these four for food)
We shouldn’t say
The match was good (The word “good” shouldn’t be used with Match)
The correct form is
The match was interesting, electrifying etc.
Similarly, if we want to compliment any girl, we use “beautiful” while for boys we use “handsome”.
These are some of small things which matters a lot in the long run and I came to know through the book
Hence, besides learning the new word, you will equally know the way to use it in your sentence (I have told you in the above example)
It is important to learn synonymous (words which hold the same meaning). You know why I am saying this is while writing content, you shouldn’t use the same word again and again since it will distract your readers and they will not come again to read it.
For example while writing content if I have to use the word “sad” again and again, I will rather not repeat it. Since, I know there are so many words which I can use in its place.
- I am sad
It can be done written in another way such as
- I am depressed
- I am feeling low
- I am a bit disturbed
- I am not feeling good
I am giving another example which will equally help you understand in a better way as well:-
I hate lazy people
It can be done written in another way such as
- I don’t like people who are lazy
- I don’t like people who don’t do any thing
There are so many ways I can compensate this word while expressing my state of mind to the readers. Hence, readers can equally maintain their interest.
I can convey my expressions in various words without facing any sort of problem in the process.
I am again emphasizing on the basic fact that I just made it a point towards thoroughly studying the grammar book along with reading newspapers and making sure that I grasp new words. Again I am emphasizing over the fact that I am extremely careful while using different words.
I grew in an English medium background and I always had tremendous interest towards learning as well as polishing skills. Studying in an English medium background has its fair share of challenges as well since every one in the school expected me to have great hold of English and to be at par with their acceptations was something which I have to do any how.
Have a look at my experiences
In order to help you further, I need to share my additional experiences as well, after all they matter a lot towards helping you to overcome them
The problem which I faced while sharpening my English skills- Earlier
I wasn’t getting a proper environment where I can talk with my friends of family members. Although, I tried talking to them, yet most of them were not supportive. Honestly speaking, I couldn’t blame them as well, since they neither had much grasp about the language, nor they had any interest in the same as well. In return, I had to face lots of sarcasm from them as they said that I am trying to become an English man and similar such sorts of comments.
There was a phase when I used to feel that all my hard-work is going down the drain. I made full use of my holidays as well as free time by writing letters as well as essays on daily basis after getting guidance from English grammar book. Apart from that, I also used to watch English news channels.
So, my main motive to write the post is that if you feel that you are not getting due share of your hard work, don’t worry, you will eventually get provided that you stick doing to what I have told you in my earlier posts.
- The thing which I will suggest you is to be habitual of watching English news channels on daily basis. If you are in the learning phase, it is important for you to come across with new words so that you can memorize them. Hence, there is a very little chance that they (words) will slip from your mind (owing to the fact that you will be in full practice)
However, I devised another innovative trick which I missed mentioning earlier and that was to do the cricket commentary by muting the television. After all, every one of us love cricket to the core and why not to comment by muting it off. This will further make your journey of sharpening your skills a lot easy like never before. Since, the more you speak yourself, the better it is going to be for you towards enhancing the powers.
English has seen few changes in the process as well. For example,
- In my earlier days, I have been grown up learning that, with pronouns such as “I” and “We”, we are supposed to use the helping word “Shall” and for other pronouns in the form of “He”, “She”, “It”, “We” and They”, we will use “Will”. However, that hasn’t been the case now. Since, with any pronouns we only use “Will”. For example,
I will go there.
He will return from there.
English is regarded to be a funny language and if the learning phase is devoid of fun and frolic, then you possibly won’t enjoy much. On the same lines, there is a word namely “Gay” which was primarily used for “Happiness”. I still remember that I have used this word so many times primarily to express my state of mind by saying, that I am gay. However, with the passage of time, it’s another meaning possibly held a far greater significance and if today, I will use this word again, then in all probability, others will be confused and surprised regarding my gender as well. Isn’t it?
In English, we would have often use the word “Come” and “return” and all of us know their meaning as well. However, when it comes to their proper usage of words, we often make the most prominent mistake.
We often say that
We have come from office or school. (Wrong)
The correct form should be
We have returned from office or school (right)
The basic different which lies between “come” and return”:-
We use the word “return” where we had already gone to a place and that we are returning from there.
While on the other hand, the word “come” is used when none such an action takes place.
For example, we can say
My friend will come to house on my birthday (correct)
Here, if we use the word “return” for them, then it is going to be wrong
My friend will return to my house on birthday. (Wrong)
Hope, you have got the basic difference from the two words “come” and “return”
Let’s take a look at the other mistakes which I realised after going through Edutree Let us Learn English Grammar
We often compliment something or the other if we felt good. However, rarely do we use the most importance word during such times,
Apart from these, one of the other things which you need to start preparing yourself is about Active and Passive Voice
The lion killed the dear (Active Voice)
The dear was killed by the lion (Passive Voice)
As a blogger cum writer, if you are told to re-write a certain paragraph, then you can easily make the best use of this knowledge.
One of my other experiences which I am sharing in the post relates to the time when I was in class Third standard. I still remember that the teacher asked me about my hobbies and I said “Computer”. She corrected me by saying that it should be
“I love playing on computer”
“I love working on computer”
Similarly, those who love music, when being asked about their hobbies, they should say that they “love listening music”.
Same goes with other hobbies as well.
I am going to further furnish more knowledgeable posts, which will make your journey of writing as well as speaking English easy like never before.
In all the earlier posts, I have been trying my level best to tell you intricacies as well in order to help you further.
Grammar is regarded to be the backbone without which you possibly can’t polish the English skills. Hence, make sure that you are well versed with the tenses.
These are few of the most common mistakes which we do. I am going to tell you more in other posts.
- Due to the rampant use of internet, do take out time to read online newspapers in English since it will give you enough boost.
- How can you forget to go through the posts of renowned bloggers? This is another sure cut exercise by which you will become more confident in your approach.
It is not possible for me to explain each and every tense, and the best thing is that you can easily check the concepts here
Edutree Let us Learn English Grammar
63 (and counting) ways to begin the sentence with “I love it when”
I am writing the following sentences to start with the word
“I love it when”
- he shows respect towards me
- everybody listens to me
- there are no haters
- poor are fed infront of my eyes
- everyone is nice to me
- you show care to me
- there is a transparent procedure maintained in recruitment by the concerned departments
- they don’t make fun of me
- you start talking to me
- my mother cooks delicious food
- they have their best strategies to plan for my upcoming holiday session
- you have every beautiful thing to say to me
- they have stopped backbiting
- my children kiss me
- my father gives pocket money everyday
- poor are fed by rich
- you are the one who understands me
- my hubby calls me every evening
- my wife cooks my favorite dish
- my parents bestow love and affection to me
- they give scant regard to the allegations of others
- the whole world thinks me to be a sweet person
- my exams are delayed for another week
- the incessant rains declare school holiday
- I get the prize of my hardwork
- my hubby stands with me, no matter what
- people recognize my skills
- I get my share of success through increment
- There is no bitter news about the suferings in the world on anyday
- she is the one to call me first on my birthday
- I get the instant message from my wife who is out in her hometown
- my parents easily agree to my demand
- I have my favorite chocolate
- Nobody interuppts me from plying my favorite game
- My friends respect me truly as they believe me
- The whole words seems to be beautiful with all the nicest people
- There is no poverty or hatred left in the world
- I have been the obvious choice for my parents to go to picnic
- No body has anything to say bad behind my back
- Promises are kept
- People around the globe live a happy life
- Everyone is simply so sweet to me
- People praise me behind their back
- Victims get the justice
- Accuse get behind the bars
- Concerned authorities do their job by hearing the concerns of victims
- People may not be rich, but they have big heart and are equally ready to help others
- Everyone is ready to learn from their mistakes
- Seniors love their juniors while they get respect in return too
- The world greets everybody on the account of festivals
- Different religions co-exist
- People may be rich, but they still have big heart where they show their concern for downtrodden
- The examples of humanity enforce the fact that the world is still beautiful
- The crime has fallen to an all time low
- I watch comedy shows as this is my hobby
- People distribute water in a hot summer day
- Auto drivers return the lost baggage of their clients
- I attend marriage parties of my friends
- My parents are happy
- My friends give moral support to me especially when I am down
- People run to help elders on road
- Justice is not actually delayed
- We as people give birth to a safe and secured society
50 most powerful (and counting) ways to use the word “it” in English sentences
One of my readers asked the ways to use the word “it”
So, it necessitates me to write the following post in order to help you guys understand, the correct method “it” is actually used in English grammar
The word “it” is just a means to start a sentence.
There are other following sentences starting with the word “it”
- It may rain today
- It is hot
- It will be very windy in few minutes
- It is a good scripture
- It will look good on you
- It is going to create history
- It will bring a revolution
- It may harm you
- It is cold outside
- It may bring a certain level of discomfort
- It will indeed going to make everyone embarrassed
- It is the best advice which I have possibly got in years
- It will certainly be the best time of my life
- It will bring two countries closer
- It is going to be the best time of my life
- It may bring my friend think twice
- It will never rain during this time of the year
- It is going to be the worst moment of the history
- It may bring enough cheers to the people who were expecting celebration of sorts
- It will indeed be the best way to lead a life of happiness
- It may never feel that way, but it actually shows
- It will certainly be etched in my memory forever
- It will be necessary for me to shout at you now
- It is going to be possibly the best time of my life
- It will indeed be etched in the memory forever
- It is going to have its repurcussions for people
- It may look wrong, but it is actually right
- It should look awkward considering so many decorative materials attached to it
- It is going to be the worst dress which you will wear
- It will infact make you famous for all the wrong reasons
- It shouldn’t come as a surprise, but you are the best person, I have come across with
- It will be quite a serene atmosphere considering that the storm has just passed by
- It will truly be the most coveted moment considering I have my family with me
- It may look pleasant to the ears of others, but not mine
- It will be a showpiece which history will remember for all the wrong reasons
- It is going to be the best way to take revenge from this man, who has no ettiquettes
- It will be the best thing you could have done for his kind deeds
- It is one life, so you can either live it to the fullest or destroy it by indulging in immoral activities
- It is going to be the classic show, as the actors from different countries of the world are taking part
- It may be the best way to counter his allegations, but I am certainly not interested
- It will be quite a historical moment, considering two nations coming together for an amicable solution to the long pending issue
- It is right on your part
- It has been said multiple times, but still he doesn’t seem to understand
- It is going to be the best phase for him considering the fact that he has just been released from the prison to start the life afresh
- It will look good on him provided he mends his way and develops respect for his elders
- It should only be useful, if you know how you can better make use of this machine
- It shouldn’t bother you, as you have got all the paper work authenticating your honesty
- It will be the best moment, which you should consider as you are already free from all the charges
- It will be the most awesome moment as he has just won the long pending case today
- It will create moments of history for his family who has the credit of travelling to different places of the world in style.
- It isn’t the place which I have visited last time
- It is fine, but I need more choices to make my decision
- It can create a certain level of confusion for the visiting delegates
- It should be what people actually desire and wish for
- It will be morally correct, but again not everyone will be ready to agree on this
I would have highly recommend you to purchase the following English Grammar Book, if you are really serious towards polishing your written and oral English
As you purchase the book, you will know the real difference it makes for someone who has great hunger to improve English, but wasn’t able to, uptill now. The book will open thousands of morale boosting, simple and easy techniques right from basics to help you improve your English. Being a reasonably priced one, you can surely expect HAPPY TIMES ahead as well.
You can ask for any sort of problem right here in the comment section as well.
Freelance Writer (Hindustan Times)